How To Take A Good Selfies – Even With Glasses
Selfies are the largest growing trend in the world, and this is not an understatement. Over 1 million selfies are taken everyday and at least 14 per cent of these are digitally enhanced. This only goes on to prove that not only are humans obsessed with their digital self portraits, they are also equally interested in getting the perfect look. An average millennial will take up to 25,700 selfies in their lifetime! All places around the world are following the selfie culture and no corner is an exception. We are all equally obsessed with clicking ourselves and continue to do so.
Taking selfies even with glasses
People who wear glasses will agree that it can be tricky to get the perfect selfie when you have these lenses covering your eyes. Others would argue that the same glasses contribute to the overall quality of the selfie and make for a more enhanced appearance. The trick to the popularity of a selfie is totally independent of numerous factors (which many consider as an important contributing attribute). These factors include age, gender, and the number of faces in the selfie being posted. You could be a graying man posing with three others like you in a selfie and could still produce a very popular photograph that people would love!
Here are some professional grade selfie tips for those who want to capture themselves in the perfect selfie, even with their glasses on!
- The rule of thirds – the rule of thirds basically asks you to imagine your screen as a grid of 3 by 3 sections to create reference points. Then, when you are taking the selfie, make sure your eyes are a third down from the top most edge of the screen and inclined to one side of the frame. This will help you get your glass covered eyes in the best angle.
- Focus on the face – The main objective of the selfie, in general, is to focus on your face and not the background. An out of focus background is what you need to create a selfie which arouses interest.
- Enhance to accentuate – A little touching up of the selfie is not a bad thing to do! In fact, by using one of the enhancing applications, you can accentuate your facial features for a more remarkable selfie.
- Backlighting – ensure that the source of light is behind your head when taking a selfie. This will create an interesting impact and form the perfect source of light.
- Tilt your head – tilt your head slightly in a way that the glasses are lower than the angle at which the light source has been set.
Wear glasses with anti reflective and anti glare coating so they are almost invisible. This causes the lenses to look their best in all kinds of lighting and allows for more light to pass. Flaunt your glasses to the world and create a popular selfie with your confidence added to these tips.