10 Ways Automated Email Can WOW Your Customers
Automated emails are the last trend in email marketing. Allows you to send emails (newsletters) to users at certain times when users take concrete actions / activities ie., when activated by one of the trigger. It can be one or a series of email messages that are sent one by one according to predefined workflows.
Why you should use email marketing?
- It’s effective because people want to receive it, they gave permission for it.
- Inexpensive – saving time and money (Event-triggered automated emails can save 80% of the direct mail budget).
- Consistent branding – with a series of standardized email messages you build a brand and create image.
- Engagement and retention – email is perfect for maintaining constant contact with your customers and create engagement.
- Segmentation (gender, age, location, …) – You can segment your message to smaller, more targeted groups.
- Measurable – You can keep track of almost everything on the basis of statistics to improve your future emails.
When you should use automated emails?
- When someone subscribes to your newsletters. Automatically send welcome email.
- The series of emails which can hold online seminars, sending the tips and tricks on using your products or services.
- You can send them a birthday card or some anniversary with a coupon with which they get discount.
- When customer click on any of the links or when download some materials from your Web, you can activate the “trigger” which then sends automated emails.
- Follow up email when someone make purchases at the online store or send query via the contact form on the web.
- After completing the survey.
- When someone subscribes to the blog
- When you have some inactive contacts who do not open your newsletters for longer period, you can send coupon rates to animate and engage them.
- After the event, such as a webinar, conference, seminar.
- Ecommerce – when the customer leaves the cart and don’t finish the purchase.
- You can send automated emails to customers who have made a purchase with you, or are inactive for a long time and didn’t buy anything new. It’s the opportunity for cross-sell / up sell.
- Based on the trigger that you define yourself.
An example of workflow
- Use email marketing because it is extremely effective and measurable.
- Do not buy a mailing list – build your. Purchasing base (mailing lists) is illegal and sending email messages to this email addresses is spam.
- Use A / B testing and test certain elements such as the Subject line, From name, Content, Send Time.
- Use segmentation in email marketing campaigns.
- Use automated emails because it is the latest trend in email marketing.